Truth Be Told

my life, thru my eyes

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

10-6-04 | dr. jekyl and mr. hyde

yesterday...was a tuesday. one class in the mornin, one class in the evening. inbetween, i went shopping. it felt different. i had never pulled money outta my own account to shop b4. anyway, i got 2 shirts, 2 sweatshirts, 2 pairs of jeans. mostly in preparation for winter...

dr. jekyl:
we had an interesting discussion yesterday. i tried to reason with my friend about this situation. its quite sad that we'll have to stay away from each other when we have feelings...

mr. hyde:
(shut up, jekyl...this is my time!) i had a discussion with my friend about us and "them." one thing that struck me about them is that her bf is very needy and she is tryin to have a life but cant, because it wouldnt be fair on him. isnt that strange?? hes a guy! in my opinion, he could be doin anything in houston (on the low). i mean, dude is...older...much older...and hes got pimp juice (by definition). it wouldnt be fair on him is not really a good reason for tryin to hold on, so i suggested they at least have a talk about this, so that they will both be on the same page (i suggested an open relationship), but she thought he wouldnt like that...

i pictured myself as a guy in his mid 20s and thought to myself: what kinds of girls would i date...aint no way im datin no teenager! u know?! the same way girls say guys their age r immature, is the same way i would think a teenager was immature with respect to my 20+ yr old self. at his age, hes probably finished college, probably has a job, probably lookin to get married in a few or something. at her age, she is jus startin college, has strict parents who would kill her if they found out about her man and his age...yet, dude wants to meet the parents...tellin u mehn, HE IS NEEDY...

she doesnt know it, but his age puts him in such a higher position than she is. ive listened to her get uptight about little things sayin "he'll get mad" and im sittin there like, is he ur dad? what i know is, when ure around someone closer to u in age, u get to go thru ur stages together, and u dont have to act up to that persons standards cuz theyre the same as urs...and things wont be as formal...maybe i should go get myself a 13 yr old and see how it goes *rolls eyes* i cant even date a 15 yr old!!! she would be in jr. high! thats the way it plays out in my mind. she would pretty much be behind me in thinkin and i dont need that.

the things that men do...

dr jekyl:
(iight times up!) im not tryin to hate or anything...its jus that i dont see this on a regular day. im a guy, i jus told u my standpoint on age differences. i asked my friends (randomly) how far they would stray from their age group if they were about 24 (u know, cuz as u get older, u can stray further) they wouldnt go past 20/21. then i asked them if they would go for 17 and i added "if the girl were nice-lookin" and they still couldnt picture that...it was somethin like "i would be ashamed of myself"

i aint tryin to be no dad so i wont go on about this...

oh well, jus thought i should share some thoughts. whatever happens, happens. i jus dont want her to regret anything in the future (and i especially dont want her to regret not stayin close to me or stayin with her current man)

ill write later...

*song of the day: can u help me by usher*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home